Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We're All Back

I wanted to put up a quick post saying that everyone got back yesterday from Budapest safely around 2:30 PM. The group left our hotel around 5 AM on a bus, checked in around 6 AM at Ferihegy Airport, flew to Frankfurt and made their next flight much quicker than anticipated. Everyone seemed to be relieved to be back safely, but also a little sad to say that this week was over.

I can safely say that Romania has had a great impact on everyone that came this past week, including myself. Whether anyone will ever return again in the future, or if this was a once in a lifetime opportunity, Romania has changed us all. Working with orphans in Gavojdia, building the House of Joy in 100 degree heat all day, and playing with kids from poor villages has changed our perspective and enriched our life in immeasurable ways. Something about this place will always stay with us. My prayer is that we never forget what we saw and did there, but ultimately remember the beautiful things God did this week and allow it to change the way we live our lives in America. I was told by a friend of mine from Dallas back in April that Romania has a way of staying with you, no matter where you are in your life or in the world. I pray that every one on this trip has this same experience.

This was a powerful week and I am grateful I had the opportunity to be a part of it. I thank you guys for reading this blog and for supporting me while I lived in Lugoj. God did and will continue to do amazing things in Romania, and I feel blessed that I got to have this incredible experience. I was blessed to work with such a great group of people and to make many new friends from Pioneer. My life will never be the same after this experience, and I think it's safe to say that applies to the other 41 people on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment